Competitive Power Ventures, Inc. (“CPV”), with headquarters in Silver Spring, MD, and offices in Braintree, MA and Sugar Land, TX is uniquely positioned to leverage global technology and financial partnerships to help modernize America’s power generation. We are driven to improve our energy infrastructure by developing and operating power generation facilities using cutting edge, domestically available natural gas and renewable power technology. CPV is owned by OPC Energy, the first privately held electric company in Israel.
CPV is looking for an experienced and technically orientated power generation professional. This candidate will join our Asset Management Group (CPV AMG) working directly with a Lead CPV Asset Manager of generating assets and with each plant’s respective Operating teams.
This position reports to the Head of Asset Management. The preferred location of this role is in our Braintree, MA office.
- Assist with commercial and technical issues impacting asset operational and financial performance of multiple projects.
- Support operational and financial reporting, including analysis of production, availability, and cost data.
- Assist with reporting of operational and financial information and presentations to owners and lenders.
- Facilitate annual budgeting processes.
- Assist with optimizing maintenance scheduling and outage planning.
- Assist in capital project development, estimating, and execution.
- Manage document and file system and record keeping compliance.
- Monitor compliance with permits and regulatory requirements.
- Manage various projects, their respective commercial agreements, and initiatives as identified to improve performance and earnings.
- Perform various analysis related to ISO market and operational sensitivities, regulatory requirements, cost savings, proposed projects, and other activities as they arise.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years power generating experience preferred, but entry level will be considered.
- Strong analytic skills and spreadsheet skills primarily Excel; familiarity with Microsoft Office products such as Word and Power Point.
- Self-starter with strong work ethic.
- A high degree of personal discipline and respect for preparing accurate data and reports.
- Proven ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and work constructively in a team environment.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- This position supports multiple facilities. The candidate should be able to travel as necessary. Travel expectation is appropriately 25%.
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background and financial credit check.
CPV holds all employees to the highest ethical standards and is committed to conducting business with integrity, transparency, and honesty to ensure our success.
CPV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Location: Braintree, MA