CPV Shay Energy Center
Doddridge County, WV
3 – 1×1 Combined-Cycle Power Plant featuring GE HA.03 turbines and carbon capture system.
Total Installed Capacity
1.8+ million homes
Millions of dollars of direct and indirect benefits locally, regionally and state-wide in job creation from construction phases into operations, provision of services and materials, taxes and other beneficial impacts.
CPV Shay Clean Energy Center is an approximately 2,060 MW natural gas combined-cycle power generation facility with carbon capture technology. CPV Shay will have a 54-acre footprint on part of a 230 acre site in Blandville, Doddridge County, West Virginia. It is expected to reach commercial operation by the end of 2029.
- New tax revenue that can be used towards community causes and benefits.
- CPV Prairie Dock will create more than 2,000 jobs during the peak construction phase and an average of 1,200 jobs annually during the three-year construction timeline.
- During plant operations, CPV Shay will employ 50 to 60 highly skilled workers.
- Local businesses can benefit from increased commerce from the project and workers.
- Carbon capture technology at CPV Shay will remove up to 95% of carbon emissions, when compared to a similar sized facility without carbon capture.
- When operational, CPV Shay will deliver enough electricity to power 1.7 million homes.
- Adds to West Virginia’s energy diversity with a clean, highly efficient, and dispatchable resource.