Competitive Power Ventures, Inc. (“CPV”), with headquarters in Silver Spring, MD, and offices in Braintree, MA and Houston, TX is uniquely positioned to leverage global technology and financial partnerships to help modernize America’s power generation. We are driven to improve our energy infrastructure by developing and operating power generation facilities using cutting edge, domestically available natural gas and renewable power technology. CPV is owned by OPC Energy, the first privately held electric company in Israel.
CPV is looking for an experienced energy project development engineer to join its Engineering & Construction Department, located in our Braintree, MA office. The successful candidate will play an active role in the development of prospective combined cycle projects that feature energy transition adaptations such as hydrogen fuel capability and carbon capture. Candidate must be a self-directed, motivated individual, willing and able to balance multiple initiatives simultaneously in a fast-pace environment. Prior energy project development and commercialization experience is required.
The position reports to the Senior Vice President, Engineering & Construction.
Summary of Responsibilities
Responsible for supporting various aspects of the development of thermal generation projects with carbon capture features in the US from site evaluation, layout and technology selection through contracting and financial closing; with construction support as needed. Requires leading a team consisting of internal and external resources. The specific responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Support the evaluation project sites for the development of energy installations;
- Evaluation, review and implementation of energy transition related, carbon free technologies including carbon capture and hydrogen capabilities.
- Lead team to develop selected technology layout, specifications, support permitting, interconnect, and auxiliary services
- Prepare Requests for Proposals and evaluate EPC bids and selection.
- Support EPC, Electrical interconnect, and auxiliary services contract negotiations
- Work closely and timely communicate with internal teams and external consultants including engineering, environmental, equipment suppliers and contractors;
- Update Management on project progress, action items and budget
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in electrical or mechanical engineering or physical science
- 7- 10+ years of experience in combined cycle development. Carbon capture and Hydrogen experience a plus
- Must be a self-starter, organized, and able to work well with personnel at all levels in the organization; must possess top level computer, interpersonal, and facilitation skills;
- Ability to gather, organize and systematically analyze complex information;
- Experience and competency with energy generation systems, design and contracting
- Strong engineering skills and understanding design drawings, GIS, spatial modeling and analysis
- Ability to travel up to 50% as necessary
- Must pass a pre-employment background and financial credit check
CPV offers a hybrid work arrangement allowing employees to work remotely up to two (2) days per week, subject to in-office obligations. Required collaboration days in the office are Tuesday and Wednesday, plus one additional day (either Monday, Thursday, or Friday).
CPV holds all employees to the highest ethical standards and is committed to conducting business with integrity, transparency and honesty to ensure our success.
CPV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted: November 22, 2022
Location: Braintree MA