Competitive Power Ventures, Inc. (“CPV”), with headquarters in Silver Spring, MD, and offices in Braintree, MA and Houston, TX is uniquely positioned to leverage global technology and financial partnerships to help modernize America’s power generation. We are driven to improve our energy infrastructure by developing and operating power generation facilities using cutting edge, domestically available natural gas and renewable power technology. CPV is owned by OPC Energy, the first privately held electric company in Israel.
CPV is looking for an experienced energy project manager to join its Engineering & Construction Department, located in our Braintree, MA office. The successful candidate will play an active role in the development and construction of prospective renewable, conventional and unique energy generation/storage projects. Candidate must be a self-directed, motivated individual, willing and able to balance multiple initiatives simultaneously in a fast-pace environment. Prior energy project design, management and commercialization experience is required.
The position reports to the Senior Vice President, Engineering & Construction.
Summary of Responsibilities
Responsible for providing project management oversight for energy projects in construction. Responsible for supporting various aspects of the development of renewable, dispatchable generation and energy storage projects in the US from site evaluation, layout and technology selection through contracting and financial closing. Requires leading a team consisting of internal and external resources. The specific responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Project oversight for renewable projects in construction with a primary focus on utility scale solar projects.
- Responsible for managing project schedules and budgets
- Generate project progress reports and provide updates for CPV management team
- Support the evaluation of new project sites for the development of energy installations;
- Lead team to develop selected technology layout, specifications, support permitting, interconnect, and auxiliary services
- Prepare Requests for Proposals and evaluate EPC and OEM bids and selection.
- Support EPC, electrical interconnect, and auxiliary services contract negotiations o Work closely and timely communicate with internal teams and external consultants including engineering, environmental, equipment suppliers and contractors;
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in electrical or mechanical engineering or physical science
- 7- 10+ years of experience in combined cycle development. Carbon capture and Hydrogen experience a plus
- Must be a self-starter, organized, and able to work well with personnel at all levels in the organization; must possess top level computer, interpersonal, and facilitation skills;
- Ability to gather, organize and systematically analyze complex information;
- Experience and competency with energy generation systems, design and contracting
- Strong engineering skills and understanding design drawings, GIS, spatial modeling and analysis
- Ability to travel up to 50% as necessary
- Must pass a pre-employment background and financial credit check
CPV offers a hybrid work arrangement allowing employees to work remotely up to two (2) days per week, subject to in-office obligations. Required collaboration days in the office are Tuesday and Wednesday, plus one additional day (either Monday, Thursday, or Friday).
CPV holds all employees to the highest ethical standards and is committed to conducting business with integrity, transparency and honesty to ensure our success.
CPV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted: November 22, 2022
Location: Braintree MA