Competitive Power Ventures, Inc. (“CPV”), with headquarters in Silver Spring, Maryland and offices in Braintree, Massachusetts and Sugar Land, Texas, is uniquely positioned to leverage global technology and financial partnerships to help modernize America’s power generation. We are driven to improve our energy infrastructure by developing and operating power generation facilities using cutting edge, domestically available natural gas, and renewable power technology. CPV is owned by OPC Energy, the first privately held electric company in Israel. OPC Energy became a public company in August 2017 and is traded on the Tel-Aviv Stock Exchange (TASE: OPCE).
We are looking for an experienced Administrative Assistant / Office Manager to provide proactive administrative support in our Sugar Land, TX location. This position will provide a wide variety of administrative tasks, and the ideal candidate in this position will need to be adaptable, self-motivated, plan and execute fun team-building social events, be highly organized, friendly, collaborative and work well under pressure. This position interacts with staff members of all levels and requires a level of professionalism, the ability to maintain sensitivity to confidential matters, excellent administrative and communication skills, and the ability to manage in a fast-paced environment.
This position will report to the Executive Assistant / Office Manager (who operates out of our MD office) and have day-to-day interaction with the President of the Retail division.
Essential responsibilities of this position include:
- Provide administrative and operational support to the President of Retail and the
- Retail Senior Leadership team in our Sugar Land, TX office, with occasional support required outside regular business hours, as needed.
- Coordinate meetings and schedule business travel (primarily domestic); including
making dinner and event reservations.
- Entry and the submission of expense reports for various team members.
- Serve as main point of contact for local property/building management service
requests and office building communications to employees.
- Manage supply vendors and service contractors, and provide on-site direction as
- Provide general administrative and hospitality support to Sugar Land, TX employees and guests.
- Provide reception and front-desk duties, such as greet guests, accept deliveries,
manage mail and express mail services, and be aware of the daily operations of
- Order in-office meals for meetings, and execute set-up and clean-up.
- Monitor, procure, and restock kitchen and office supplies.
- Maintain all common areas including conference rooms, and tidy spaces, as
- Prepare Word, Excel, PowerPoint presentations, agendas, and other documents
that support the objectives for the organization.
- Organize, promote, and provide on-site staffing and support for TX-office based
events – e.g. summer outing, as well as monthly in-office events
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate or bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a senior Administrative Assistant-level
support position; Office Manager experience preferred
- Ability to work with sensitive matters and maintain extreme confidentiality
- Flexibility to adapt to the ever-changing needs and priorities of the company
- Ability to work after hours and extended hours as needed
- High level of initiative, sound judgement and proactive and professional skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and detail oriented with ability to meet deadlines
- Punctual, detailed-oriented, organized with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently, and as a member of a team
- Ability to work well with all employees within the organization
- Ability to lift/carry items up to 25 lbs.
- Have fun at work and help others do the same by setting the tone for a friendly
and hospitable atmosphere
- Strong computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Travel as required, up to 10%
- Exhibit a professional demeanor that aligns with CPV’s core values
- Must pass a pre-employment background check, including a criminal and civil
check, driving record and financial report
- Standard Hours of operation: Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
CPV holds all employees to the highest ethical standards and is committed to conducting business with integrity, transparency, and honesty to ensure our success.
CPV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Location: Sugar Land, TX