Competitive Power Ventures, Inc. (“CPV”), with headquarters in Silver Spring, MD, and an office in Braintree, MA and Sugar Land, TX is uniquely positioned to leverage global technology and financial partnerships to help modernize America’s power generation. We are driven to improve our energy infrastructure by developing and operating power generation facilities using cutting edge, domestically available natural gas and renewable power technology. CPV is owned by OPC Energy, the first privately held electric company in Israel. OPC Energy became a public company in August 2017 and is traded on the Tel-Aviv Stock Exchange (TASE: OPCE).
CPV is seeking a Senior Portfolio Accountant to join our Accounting team. This position reports to the Vice President of Accounting and will work closely with a Senior Director and others in the organization. This position is located in the Company’s headquarters office in Silver Spring, Maryland. The Company manages many powerplant projects and other businesses that require accounting and financial reporting services. This individual will be assigned to oversee the day-to-day accounting operations for a number of power plant projects and other businesses. This position is responsible for performing timely and accurate financial and managerial reporting, analysis, journal entries, account reconciliations, roll forwards and other recurring accounting tasks in compliance with a monthly close schedule. The position will also provide support to the year-end financial statement audits performed by external auditors.
- Prepare financials statements and monthly management reporting
- Perform general ledger accounting and month-end accounting close processes supporting the financial and managerial reporting
- Prepare journal entries with corresponding support, balance sheet reconciliations and, roll forward schedules supporting general ledger balances
- Prepare periodic cash disbursement packages
- Be the liaison with external and internal stakeholders of the Company regarding managerial and financial reports
- Utilize, update, and maintain accounting information using Excel, Microsoft Dynamics GP, and automated workflow tools
- Minimum of 4-5 years of public accounting and/or corporate accounting experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business-related concentration required
- Experience in general ledger accounting, systems, analysis, account reconciliation and month-end accounting close experience required
- CPA a plus
- Energy and/or Real Estate Industry experience highly preferred
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Detail-oriented, organized, the ability to handle a high volume of data, and manage several tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Excellent project organizational and effective teamwork skills
- Proficiency in MS Office and spreadsheets
- Proficiency with fully integrated ERP Systems (Microsoft Dynamics GP is a plus) and automated workflow tools
- Strong problem solving/analytical skills
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background and financial credit check
CPV holds all employees to the highest ethical standards and is committed to conducting business with integrity, transparency and honesty to ensure our success.
CPV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted: January 19, 2023
Location: Silver Spring, MD