Competitive Power Ventures, Inc. (“CPV”), with headquarters in Silver Spring, MD, and an office in Braintree, MA is uniquely positioned to leverage global technology and financial partnerships to help modernize America’s power generation. We are driven to improve our energy infrastructure by developing and operating power generation facilities using cutting edge, domestically available natural gas and renewable power technology. CPV is owned by a consortium of Israeli investors led by OPC Energy Ltd., the first privately held electric company in Israel.
CPV is looking for a Senior Associate to join its Finance team. This position is located in our Silver Spring, MD office. The Finance group is responsible for the financial management of projects owned by CPV, as well as projects owned by third parties but managed by CPV under asset management agreements. This Senior Associate position will work with project team members to develop/manage/report on project-specific budgets on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis, as applicable. The position will also help drive capital investment decisions and interact with the project’s lenders/investors to ensure compliance with project agreements and credit documents. On the job training and development initiatives make this position a growth opportunity for a driven individual with a desire to work in a fast-paced environment, who can move quickly, multitask, prioritize and work with confidential information.
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis in support of project-level budget development, review, and variance reporting. Sensitize existing and/or create financial pro formas to drive investment decisions;
- Support the analysis, drafting of documentation and PowerPoint presentations of budgets, and capital investment recommendations as an integral member of the team;
- Conduct contract / agreement reviews;
- Build and grow strong lender relationships; and
- Collaborate closely with other departments within the Company and work with senior professionals to deliver final work products as appropriate.
What we expect:
- Bachelor’s degree with relevant Business Administration, Finance, Economics or Engineering orientation
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills with a strong desire to learn and succeed
- Strong oral and written English skills
- Detail-oriented, organized, and be able to manage several tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Must pass a pre-employment background and financial credit check
What we offer:
- Opportunity to learn the electric generation business from the industry’s leading experts
- Intellectually stimulating work environment
- Competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)
CPV holds all employees to the highest ethical standards and is committed to conducting business with integrity, transparency and honesty to ensure our success.
CPV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted: January 06, 2022
Location: Silver Spring, MD