Competitive Power Ventures, Inc. (“CPV”), with headquarters in Silver Spring, MD, and an office in Braintree, MA is uniquely positioned to leverage global technology and financial partnerships to help modernize America’s power generation. We are driven to improve our energy infrastructure by developing and operating power generation facilities using cutting edge, domestically available natural gas and renewable power technology. CPV is owned by OPC Energy, the first privately held electric company in Israel.
CPV is looking for a Real-Time Generation Dispatcher to join its Energy Management team. This position is located in Silver Spring, MD and will be responsible for managing, monitoring, and optimizing CPV assets under management in accordance with overall commercial strategic goals and risk policies. CPV assets under management include gas-fired combined cycle and renewable generation assets in the regional power markets, PJM and NE.
- This position will be part of a 24-hour / 365-day Market Operation Center and will work a shift schedule.
- Assist day-ahead traders with optimization of CPV assets to include offer strategy, fuel optimization, and re-offer adjustments in PJM and NE.
- Coordinate unit availability, outage schedules, unit startup and shutdown times, and communicate all necessary information to plant personnel, Independent System Operators (ISOs), and day-ahead traders.
- Take and communicate timely and appropriate real-time actions in accordance with ISO and North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) procedures.
- Maintain thorough understating of ISO tariffs, manuals, Fuel Cost Policies, and procedures governing generator dispatch.
- Comply with applicable NERC Reliability Standards.
- Monitor and analyze available power/gas market information to identify commercial opportunities and risks.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Engineering, Business, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, or another related field.
- One or more years’ experience with real time dispatch responsibilities preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel; VBA a plus.
- PJM Operator Generator Certification a plus, or the ability to pass the PJM Operator Generator Certification exam a must.
- Understanding of the principles of North American Power and/or Gas markets a plus
- Highest degree of punctuality and reliability.
- Proven ability to take appropriate action within time constraints.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Motivated self-starter with ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Real Time Generation Dispatchers must be able and embrace working a 12-hour shift schedule as part of a 24-hour, 7-days a week group.
- Must pass a pre-employment background and financial credit check
CPV holds all employees to the highest ethical standards and is committed to conducting business with integrity, transparency and honesty to ensure our success.
CPV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted: August 10, 2022
Location: Silver Spring, MD