Competitive Power Ventures, Inc. (“CPV”), with headquarters in Silver Spring, MD, and an office in Braintree, MA is uniquely positioned to leverage global technology and financial partnerships to help modernize America’s power generation. We are driven to improve our energy infrastructure by developing and operating power generation facilities using cutting edge, domestically available natural gas and renewable power technology. CPV is owned by OPC Energy, the first privately held electric company in Israel. OPC Energy became a public company in August 2017 and is traded on the Tel-Aviv Stock Exchange (TASE: OPCE).
CPV is seeking a Portfolio Accountant to join our Accounting team in Silver Spring, MD. CPV manages a complex, consolidated holding company structure that ultimately holds equity interests in utility-scale power plant projects. The holding and project companies require accounting and financial reporting under both US GAAP and IFRS. CPV is a material subsidiary of OPC Energy, therefore, CPV must conform to public company reporting standards under IFRS and financial controls pursuant to SOX.
This individual will be assigned to oversee the day-to-day accounting operations for a number of corporate holding companies. This position is responsible for performing timely and accurate journal entries, account reconciliations, roll forwards and other recurring accounting tasks in compliance with a monthly close schedule and used in tax return preparation. The position will also provide support to the company billing and accounts receivable processes.
This position reports to the Senior Director of Accounting and will work closely with a corporate accounting director and others in the organization.
- Perform general ledger accounting and month-end accounting close processes
- Preparation of journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and roll forward schedules
- Initial preparation of monthly invoices using CPV’s billing system
- Utilize, update, and maintain accounting information using Excel, Microsoft Dynamics GP, and automated workflow tools
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business-related concentration
- Minimum of 2 years of general ledger accounting, systems, analysis, account reconciliation and month-end accounting close experience required
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Prior accounting experience, in public or corporate organization, with real estate or energy businesses preferred
- CPA qualification a plus
- Detail-oriented, organized
- Ability to handle a high volume of data, and manage several tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Strong proficiency in MS Office and spreadsheets
- Proficiency with fully integrated ERP Systems (Microsoft Dynamics GP is a plus) and automated workflow tools
- Solid balance sheet account reconciliation background
- Excellent project organizational and effective teamwork skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an emphasis on superior customer service
- Strong problem solving/analytical skills
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background and financial credit check
CPV offers a hybrid work arrangement allowing employees to work remotely up to two (2) days per week, subject to in-office obligations. Required collaboration days in the office are Tuesday and Wednesday, plus one additional day (either Monday, Thursday, or Friday).
CPV holds all employees to the highest ethical standards and is committed to conducting business with integrity, transparency and honesty to ensure our success.
CPV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted: October 4, 2022
Location: Silver Spring, MD