CPV is seeking a Manager of Accounting to join our Accounting team in Silver Spring, MD. CPV manages
a complex, consolidated holding company structure that ultimately holds equity interests in utility-scale
power plant projects. The holding and project companies require accounting and financial reporting
under both US GAAP and IFRS. CPV is a material subsidiary of OPC Energy, therefore, CPV must conform
to public company reporting standards under IFRS and financial controls pursuant to SOX.
This individual will manage and provide support to various accounting functions primarily within the
corporate accounting operationsteam. This position is responsible for supporting the timely and accurate
monthly and quarterly close, quarterly and annual financial reporting, detailed analytics, and assist with
the preparation and drafting of disclosures, footnotes, management discussion and analysis and other
recurring accounting tasks. This position will also provide support to quarterly reviews and the year-end
financial statement audit process performed by CPV’s external auditors.
This position reports to the VP & Corporate Controller and will work closely with other Directors in the
department and others within the organization.
- Assist in the month-end and quarter-end accounting close process in preparation for reporting and disclosure, in compliance with internal reporting guidelines.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly and quarterly financial statements to support external auditor review and/or audit.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly reports to boards of directors and other internal deliverables.
- Be the liaison with external and internal stakeholders of the Company regarding accounting topics.
- Perform accounting research, analysis and reporting using International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and US GAAP rules.
- Utilize, update and maintain accounting information using Excel, Microsoft Dynamics GP and automated workflow tools.
- Minimum of 4-6 years of relevant energy project development experience
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in engineering or business, MBA
- Must be a self-starter, organized, and able to work well with personnel at all levels in the organization; must possess top level business management, interpersonal, and facilitation skills
- Strong financial skills and understanding of company and project profit and loss, pro forma modeling, and NPV/IRR analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business-related concentration
- CPA qualification required
- Minimum of 5 years of public company reporting experience, including financial statement analysis, drafting public disclosures, and supporting external audit and reviews
- Strong written communication skills, particularly with respect to drafting financial statement footnotes, and other internal management reports
- Strong verbal communications skills
- Detail-oriented, organized, the ability to handle a high volume of data, and manage several tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP rules and exposure to IFRS reporting requirements
- Strong proficiency in MS Office and spreadsheets
- Proficiency with fully integrated ERP Systems (Microsoft Dynamics GP is a plus) and automated workflow tools
- Excellent project organizational and effective teamwork skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an emphasis on superior customer service
- Strong problem solving/analytical skills
- Knowledge of internal controls
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check and financial credit check
CPV offers a hybrid work arrangement allowing employees to work remotely up to two (2) days per week,
subject to in-office obligations. Required collaboration days in the office are Tuesday and Wednesday,
plus one additional day (either Monday, Thursday, or Friday).
CPV holds all employees to the highest ethical standards and is committed to conducting business with
integrity, transparency and honesty to ensure our success.
CPV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted: June 09, 2022
Location: Silver Spring, MD