Competitive Power Ventures, Inc. (“CPV”), with headquarters in Silver Spring, MD, and an office in Braintree, MA is uniquely positioned to leverage global technology and financial partnerships to help modernize America’s power generation. We are driven to improve our energy infrastructure by developing and operating power generation facilities using cutting edge, domestically available natural gas and renewable power technology. CPV is owned by OPC Energy, the first privately held electric company in Israel.
CPV is seeking a first-tier Desktop Support Analyst to join our Information Technology Department in our Silver Spring, MD office. This individual will need to provide professional and friendly PC support while maintaining a high-level of customer service.
• Computer deployment including workstation setup and setting user account
• Maintain hardware inventory
• Manage Help Desk tickets promptly
• Respond to customer issues via phone, email, and computer chat
• Document customer interactions
• Run diagnostics to resolve customer-reported issues
• Escalate issues to the next Tier with the next level of difficulty
• Install, make changes, and repair computer hardware and software
• Follow-up with customers to ensure issues are resolved
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer designation, preferred
- 2+ years of experience working in a help desk environment
- Flexibility in providing after-hours emergency support as well as occasional weekend maintenance
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Office 365
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Strong organizational skills to keep Help desk tickets in order
- Ability to diagnose and resolve fundamental computer technical issues
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Strong listening and communication skills – in person, via video or in writing – with the ability to work on technical issues with non-technical customers
- Exhibit a professional demeanor that aligns with our core values
- Requires up to 5% travel to remote offices, data centers, and / or power plant
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check and financial credit check
CPV offers a hybrid work arrangement allowing employees to work remotely up to two (2) days per week, subject to in-office obligations. Required collaboration days in the office are Tuesday and Wednesday, plus one additional day (either Monday, Thursday, or Friday).
CPV holds all employees to the highest ethical standards and is committed to conducting business with integrity, transparency and honesty to ensure our success.
CPV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted: April 18, 2022
Location: Silver Spring, MD