Competitive Power Ventures, Inc. (“CPV”), with headquarters in Silver Spring, MD, and an office in Braintree, MA and Sugar Land, TX is uniquely positioned to leverage global technology and financial partnerships to help modernize America’s power generation. We are driven to improve our energy infrastructure by developing and operating power generation facilities using cutting edge, domestically available natural gas and renewable power technology. CPV is owned by OPC Energy, the first privately held electric company in Israel. OPC Energy became a public company in August 2017 and is traded on the Tel-Aviv Stock Exchange (TASE: OPCE).
CPV is seeking an Internal Controls and SOX Compliance Accountant to join our Controller’s organization, located in Silver Spring, MD. This position will work closely with the director of internal controls, process owners and other stakeholders in the support of CPV’s internal controls and execution of the CPV SOX compliance program.
- Assist with documenting, testing and maintaining CPV’s SOX compliance program while ensuring compliance with internal controls, audit requirements and deadlines.
- Act as a point of contact for the company’s process owners on all matters related to SOX compliance, including evaluation and resolution of identified control deficiencies.
- Coordinate with IT leadership on the design, implementation and evaluation of IT general and automated system controls and configurations.
- Evaluate the design of internal control activities, maintain and update key controls, and ensure SOX documentation is of high quality.
- Support the timely execution of control testing.
- Collaborate with process owners and others to build knowledge and understanding of risks and controls.
- Monitor changing business environment for items that may impact the company. Assist with evaluation of new processes, systems, and policies to determine SOX impacts and design of controls.
- Identify areas of opportunity for process improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience in public accounting working on audits of public companies and/or public company experience working in internal controls
- Experience in SOX and/or SOX consulting a plus
- One or more professional certifications preferred – Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Must possess a high degree of accuracy in work; with strong detail oriented skills
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration skills, organizational and teamwork skills
- Strong problem solving/analytical skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and timelines
- Ability to work well with all levels of employees and management
- Strong analytical and computer (MS Office Suite) skills
- Understanding of operational accounting is highly preferred
- Technical understanding of US GAAP, IFRS, SOX, and COSO
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background and financial credit check
CPV holds all employees to the highest ethical standards and is committed to conducting business with integrity, transparency, and honesty to ensure our success.
CPV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted: February 21, 2023
Location: Silver Spring, MD