Competitive Power Ventures, Inc. (“CPV”), with headquarters in Silver Spring, MD, and an office in Braintree, MA is uniquely positioned to leverage global technology and financial partnerships to help modernize America’s power generation. We are driven to improve our energy infrastructure by developing and operating power generation facilities using cutting edge, domestically available natural gas and renewable power technology. CPV is owned by OPC Energy, the first privately held electric company in
CPV is looking for an experienced Environmental Manager to coordinate and oversee the environmental aspects of our operating & development projects. This candidate will support CPV’s North American asset management and development teams located in our Braintree, MA and Silver Spring, MD offices. The candidate will also work directly with each plant’s O&M teams to ensure environmental compliance and support any permitting issues.
This position reports to the Senior Vice President of Asset Management. The location of this role is our Silver Spring, MD or Braintree, MA office.
This position is responsible for overseeing various aspects of the environmental compliance and permitting of renewable and dispatchable generation in the U.S. In this role, you will have the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and effectively with colleagues at all levels in the organization. General responsibilities will include:
- Develop and manage the implementation of CPV’s environmental programs and policies across its operating portfolio.
- Oversee required environmental reporting to ensure that required environmental programs and permits are properly implemented and the Plants maintain full compliance with all environmental obligations.
- Oversee the emissions allowances and trading program and optimize where possible for cost savings.
- Support permit renewals and modifications.
- Conduct periodic reviews of the Plants’ Environmental programs to ensure they meet applicable regulations and/or corporate directives.
- Review applicable spill prevention plans, risk management plans, storm water pollution prevention plans, environmental compliance and other site-specific environmental materials and provide guidance on necessary updates
- Communicate with regulatory agencies as necessary to address environmental reporting, inspections, and potential compliance events
- Provide environmental support for projects in development and construction.
- Provide environmental due diligence support for Merger and Acquisitions efforts.
- Maintain professional affiliations with environmental organizations and other professionals to keep current with new environmental regulations and good management practices.
Required Skills / Knowledge
- Strong communication skills and willingness to have a hands-on approach.
- Candidate must have demonstrated knowledge of federal, state, and local environmental laws and regulations
- Ability to successfully manage projects and demonstrate computer use aptitude including online compliance applications and management systems.
Educational / Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, or similar related majors preferred
- A minimum of five years’ of relevant experience is required.
- Demonstrated experience developing, implementing, and maintaining corporate environmental policies and procedures in an industrial setting.
- Experience working in a power plant or in an industrial facility is preferred.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of state and federal environmental regulations, computer, and communication skills.
- Experience optimizing and maintaining emissions credit programs is preferred.
- Must be a self-starter with a high degree of initiative and ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- This position supports multiple facilities. As such, frequent travel is not a core requirement; however, the candidate should be able to perform travel as necessary.
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background and financial credit check.
CPV offers a hybrid work arrangement allowing employees to work remotely up to two (2) days per week, subject to in-office obligations. Required collaboration days in the office are Tuesday and Wednesday, plus one additional day (either Monday, Thursday, or Friday).
CPV holds all employees to the highest ethical standards and is committed to conducting business with integrity, transparency, and honesty to ensure our success.
CPV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted: June 07, 2022
Location: Silver Spring, MD or Braintree, MA