Competitive Power Ventures, Inc. (“CPV”), with headquarters in Silver Spring, MD, and an office in Braintree, MA is a leading top-tier North American Independent power producer. CPV is uniquely positioned to leverage global technology and financial partnerships to help modernize America’s power generation. We are driven to improve our energy infrastructure by developing and operating power generation facilities using cutting edge technology, domestically available fuels, energy storage and renewable power technology. CPV has more than two decades of proven history and is majority owned by OPC Energy, the first privately held electric company in Israel.
CPV is looking for an experienced energy specialist who brings a balanced mix of engineering and economic aptitude, to coordinate and lead the analysis of technological advancements. The candidate will support strategic direction and formulate levelized cost of service trends which are leading the transition of power generation toward a decarbonized economy. This will involve coordinating a range of technical and economic analyses for emerging technology offerings.
This Manager will support CPV’s North American development team located in our Braintree, MA office. The successful candidate will play a lead role in the technical and commercial evaluation of emerging and evolving energy production technologies including: emerging renewable technologies, carbon capture, hydrogen production and combustion for reducing carbon emissions, energy storage and other technologies which enhance existing power generation technologies. The ideal candidate will have strong management, engineering, and economic evaluation experience.
Candidate must be a self-directed, motivated individual, willing and able to balance multiple initiatives simultaneously in a fast-paced environment. Prior energy consulting or project development and commercialization experience is required.
The position reports to the Executive Vice President.
Responsibilities to include:
Responsible for supporting various aspects of the development of renewable, dispatchable generation and energy storage projects in the U.S. Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and work effectively with people at all levels in an organization. The specific responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Originate relationships with technology providers independently and as directed, and consistent with company strategic direction.
- Research technologies and industry trends to determine viability and communicate to the executive management and development teams.
- Evaluate the technical feasibility of current and emerging technologies.
- Lead the economic evaluation of emerging technologies to support project specific business cases for both dispatchable and renewable projects.
- Support the implementation of new technologies into development project design and exiting operating assets.
- Advanced degree, ideally in management, engineering, economics or any other disciplines;
- 10+ years of experience in an energy-related business;
- Must be a self-starter, organized, and able to communicate effectively and work well with personnel at all levels in the organization; must possess top level computer, interpersonal, and facilitation skills;
- Ambition to work in a result-oriented team with steep learning curve;
- Ability to gather, organize and systematically analyze complex information and communicate results verbally, in writing and in Power Point;
- Experience and competency with energy generation systems, design and economic evaluations;
- Aptitude of the power space with knowledge of the science and regulations addressing climate change.
- Ability to travel up to 50% as necessary
- Must pass a pre-employment background and financial credit check
CPV offers a hybrid work arrangement allowing employees to periodically work remotely, subject to in-office obligations.
CPV holds all employees to the highest ethical standards and is committed to conducting business with integrity, transparency and honesty to ensure our success.
CPV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted: May 11, 2022
Location: Braintree, MA