Competitive Power Ventures, Inc. (“CPV”), with headquarters in Silver Spring, MD, and an office in Braintree, MA is uniquely positioned to leverage global technology and financial partnerships to help modernize America’s power generation. We are driven to improve our energy infrastructure by developing and operating power generation facilities using cutting edge, domestically available natural gas and renewable power technology. CPV is owned by OPC Energy, the first privately held electric company in Israel.
CPV is looking for a driven and experienced candidate to contribute to the next wave of reliable and dispatchable power generation development in the US. The successful candidate will play a leading and active role in the project management, execution, and development of decarbonized greenfield natural gas fired generation and battery energy storage system (BESS) projects. Candidate must be self-motivated and be willing to take initiative to complete project elements on time and on budget, and have an understanding of what it takes to successfully develop large utility or energy projects. Knowledge of US power markets, knowledge of ISOs and their operating rules and familiarity with incentives driving energy development is required. Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills are also required.
The position reports to the Executive Vice President, Development
Position will be responsible for the selection, permitting and execution of US projects according to company’s investment and development objectives. General responsibilities will include:
- Plan and execute the development program for identified projects
- Negotiate necessary development agreements
- Manage the permitting process and anticipate and resolve other project development activities required
- Develop local community support for the project
- Manage relationships and develop commercial agreements with potential project output off-takers
- Direct external consultants and coordinate with internal departments including engineering, finance, energy management/origination, external affairs, legal and asset management
- Administrative responsibilities to include regular updates to Management on project progress, action items and budget
- Minimum of 8-12 years of relevant energy project development experience with a proven track record in successful development of power generating stations
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in engineering or business, MBA
- Must be a self-starter, organized, and able to work well with personnel at all levels in the organization; must possess top level business management, interpersonal, and facilitation skills
- Strong financial skills and understanding of company and project profit and loss, pro forma modeling, and NPV/IRR analysis
- Possess a strong understanding of real estate matters and complexities
- Ability to gather, organize and systematically analyze complex information
- Effective problem-solving skills: ability to work from concept to analytics, identify alternatives and develop unique solutions
- Excellent writing, communications, presentation, interpersonal, problem-solving, financial analysis, and organizational skills
- Ability to travel as necessary
- Must pass a pre-employment background and financial credit check
CPV offers a hybrid work arrangement allowing employees to work remotely up to two (2) days per week, subject to in-office obligations. Required collaboration days in the office are Tuesday and Wednesday, plus one additional day (either Monday, Thursday, or Friday).
CPV holds all employees to the highest ethical standards and is committed to conducting business with integrity, transparency and honesty to ensure our success.
CPV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted: January 13, 2022
Location: Braintree, MA