Competitive Power Ventures, Inc. (“CPV”), with headquarters in Silver Spring, MD, and an office in Braintree, MA is uniquely positioned to leverage global technology and financial partnerships to help modernize America’s power generation. We are driven to improve our energy infrastructure by developing and operating power generation facilities using cutting edge, domestically available natural gas and renewable power technology. CPV is owned by OPC Energy, the first privately held electric company in Israel.
CPV has an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Manager to join its Retail Group. The primary objective for this role is to generate and manage sales and services selling electricity and energy related services while maintaining strong business relationships with brokers identified and assigned in each designated sales territory. This individual will be responsible for managing broker relationships, identifying and promoting strategies to capture new customers, and maintaining existing customer base, and serving in a team-lead/mentoring capacity to team members.
This position will report to the Senior Vice President, Retail, and can be based in Sugar Land, TX; Silver Spring, MD or Braintree, MA.
Roles and Responsibilities
- This position is responsible for delivery of agreed sales targets in terms of overall gross and net margin, customer numbers, and energy volumes in the defined market segment.
- Achieve target margin goals by selling competitive gas and/or electric commodity through approved brokers.
- Sales process includes driving sales using appropriate tools like the CRM, obtaining needed usage information, preparing offers, negotiating and closing of deals within an acceptable time frame, obtaining authorization on contracts, exhibits, and other required documentation, and acting as a liaison between operations and the broker/customer as needed.
- Manage multiple broker relationships.
- Maintain all aspects of the ongoing broker relationship, track all activity/progress on the account site, and provide pre and post-sales support for the broker.
- Must have excellent product and customer knowledge to educate brokers/customers on pricing and application of competitive advantages to meet or exceed customer needs.
- Provide all information necessary to customer agreements and to ensure completion of all necessary customer agreements.
- Remain current on the competition and market conditions. Provide input on market activities to the appropriate marketing and management personnel.
- Prepare competitive intelligence for management as needed.
- Support the internal functional groups by working collaboratively and effectively with all members.
- Identify, recruit and train perspective brokers.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, marketing, management, engineering or related field; an MBA is a plus
- Minimum 5 years’ indirect retail sales experience in the deregulated markets.
- Must be able to apply market and account skills necessary for dealing with specific target audiences, and working closely with cross-functional team members from Customer Care, Delivery and Operations, and Management Services.
- Knowledge and understanding of electric utility tariffs.
- Must have a successful track record of selling and closing complex products. (Portfolio products)
- Build strong professional and broker/customer relationships.
- Positive professional demeanor and appearance to act as a positive representation of CPV in front of brokers/client
- Good interpersonal skills, including establishing rapport with brokers/clients through regular contact by phone and in person.
- Strong desire to succeed.
- Detail oriented with strong organization and follow-through skills.
- Strong computer skills including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint, and experience with sales automation applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skill
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills
- Ability to work and contribute as an effective team player in a fast-paced sales environment
- Must be self-directed and able to learn business and new products quickly
- Aptitude to work independently and to adapt to changing industry demands and internal and external factors.
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check and financial credit check
CPV offers a hybrid work arrangement allowing employees to work remotely up to two (2) days per week, subject to in-office obligations. Required collaboration days in the office are Tuesday and Wednesday, plus one additional day.
CPV holds all employees to the highest ethical standards and is committed to conducting business with integrity, transparency, and honesty to ensure our success.
CPV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted: August 10, 2022
Location: Sugar Land TX, Silver Spring MD, or Braintree MA