Competitive Power Ventures, Inc. (“CPV”), with headquarters in Silver Spring, MD, and an office in Braintree, MA is uniquely positioned to leverage global technology and financial partnerships to help modernize America’s power generation. We are driven to improve our energy infrastructure by developing and operating power generation facilities using cutting edge, domestically available natural gas and renewable power technology. CPV is owned by OPC Energy, the first privately held electric company in Israel. OPC Energy became a public company in August 2017 and is traded on the Tel-Aviv Stock Exchange (TASE: OPCE).
As a result of company growth, CPV is seeking a Human Resources (HR) Associate to join our team in Silver Spring, MD. This individual will work closely with the Director of Human Resources and provide administrative support in a variety of aspects throughout the employee life cycle, including recruitment, new hire on-boarding, payroll, benefits, employee off-boarding, and general human resources activities.
Schedule interviews and track candidates through the recruitment and pre-boarding process.
Enter semi-monthly payroll changes and ensure payroll accuracy.
Enroll employees in benefit plans via online benefit portals and manage accurate coverage.
Respond to employee benefit questions.
- Employee Onboarding and Offboarding Process
Coordinate onboarding and offboarding activities.
- Record Maintenance
Create and maintain employee personnel files, ensuring required paperwork is complete.
- Other HR and administrative duties as assigned.
- Bachelors’ degree in Human Resources, Psychology, or a business-related related field
- 1-2 years’ prior HR support and/or payroll experience
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and work with sensitive information
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal skills with an emphasis on superior customer service
- Ability to work well with all levels of employees within the organization
- Professional demeanor, dependable, flexible and a team player
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Detailed-oriented, with strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exhibit a professional demeanor that aligns with the CPV’s core values
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background and financial credit check
CPV offers a hybrid work arrangement allowing employees to work remotely up to two (2) days per week, subject to in-office obligations. Required collaboration days in the office are Tuesday and Wednesday, plus one additional day (either Monday, Thursday, or Friday).
CPV holds all employees to the highest ethical standards and is committed to conducting business with integrity, transparency, and honesty to ensure our success.
CPV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted: February 1, 2022
Location: Silver Spring, MD